This tour starts at 13:30 p.m.
The New Acropolis Museum is the definite must for everybody visiting the city and the best way to complete the archaeological tour to the Acropolis of Athens.
The New Acropolis Museum was designed by Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi in co-operation with the Greek architect Michalis Photiadis. Its unique design has incorporated the excavations which are visible under stunning glass floors.
The Acropolis masterpieces are marked out and given the prominence they deserve through the ideal interior atmosphere conditions, the natural lighting, as well as easy visitor access, panoramic views and excellent layout of the exhibition areas. It exhibits about 4,000 artifacts.
The meeting point is inside the Acropolis Museum in front of the cash desk where the Acropolis tickets are issued. Your guide will be waiting there for you holding in his/her hands the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign. Your guide will help you or will purchase the tickets for you depending on the traffic so that you can skip the lines. Make sure that you get there at 13:15 p.m. because the tour starts at 13:30 p.m.
View the map
Adults: 29 €
Students: 23 €
Teenagers (12-18 yrs): 23 €
Children under (6-11 yrs): 9 €
Infants (0-5 yrs): FREE
· Athens Guide magazine
· Athens Map
· Local licensed guide
· Entrance fees
· Hotel pick up and drop off
· Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
· Food and drinks
· Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tours do not take place on the public Holidays: 25 & 26 December, New Year’s Day, Good Friday (before 12:00), Easter Sunday, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.Family discount of 5%
applies to this tour. For more information please read the FAQ ABOUT AWTIf you choose more than one tour you are entitled to 5% discount.
This offer does not apply to third party activities. For more information please read the FAQ ABOUT AWT
Acropolis Museum Entrance fees
Entrance fees to the Acropolis Museum are not included in the tour's price.
General admission fee: 5 euros.
Reduced admission fee: 3 Euros.
*The following visitors are entitled to a REDUCED ADMISSION FEE
- Students from Higher Education Institutions, from non-EU countries, with current student identification card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries, with current identification card to confirm age
- Greek Senior citizens and Senior citizens from EU countries, 65 years of age and over, with current identification card to confirm age
The following visitors are entitled to FREE ADMISSION:
- Young persons under 18 years of age, from EU countries, with current identification card
- Children under 5 years of age, from non-EU countries
- Students from Higher Education Institutions and Tour Guide Training Institutions, from EU countries, with current student identification card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- Tour Guides with professional license from the Hellenic Ministry of Development
- Teachers accompanying children on primary & secondary education school visits
- Journalists, with current journalists’ identification card
- Official guests of the Greek Public
- Visitors with disabilities from EU and non-EU countries and person accompanying them
- Archaeologists, with current working identification card
Entrance is free to all visitors on the following days:
- 6 March (Memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 18 April (International Monument Day)
- 18 May (International Museum Day)
- 5 June (World Environment Day)
- The last weekend of September (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
- The first Sunday of April, May, June, September and October (in case this is an official holiday, it is the second Sunday of that month).
- Greek official holidays during which the Museum remains open: 6 January, Orthodox Good Friday (12:00 - 17:00), Orthodox Easter Saturday and Monday, Orthodox Monday of the Holy Spirit, 15 August, 28 October.
- Entrance is free on the days celebrating Open Days and the European Spring of the Museums according to the dates set each year.
Acropolis Museum Opening Times
APRIL TO OCTOBER
Tuesday to Sunday: 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Last admission: 7.30 p.m.
Galleries cleared at 7.45 p.m.
NOVEMBER TO MARCH
Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday: 09:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.mm
Friday: 09:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday / Sunday: 09:00 am to 08:00 p.m
The Acropolis Museum is closed on
- 1 January
- 25 March
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- 1 May
- Easter Sunday
- 25 December
- 26 December
Prices of the entrance fees are subject to changes without notice.