Whether on a short City break, or between airports and ports, to visit some of the famous Greek islands, a visitor should never forget the one and only truth about Athens: It has so much to offer! And you will not have to miss the beaches, nor the sea or the sun!
All you need, is to know a few tips and secrets:
- Most Athenians leave Athens mid. July to mid. August, so, during this time, you will find the city more quiet, beautiful and relaxing than ever!
- Some of the most beautiful beaches of Attica, are located nearby Athens and are easily accessible by either the coastal Tram or a public bus.
Enjoy the lovely ride with the tram to get to some of the most beautiful beaches located along the Apollo Coast. You don’t have to pre-decide your destination! Just sit on the left side of the tram and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Make a spontaneous decision and jump out at the next stop!
Paleo Faliro – Flisvos Marina & Kalamaki – Alimos Beaches (Apollo Coast- accessible by tram)
Glyfada & Voula Beaches (Apollo Coast- accessible by tram)
- Using the public blue bus lines 122, 304 & 305 you will get to know a part of Attica not often visited by tourists. Beautiful beaches await you to discover them on the south-west and south-east coast!
Vouliagmeni Beach & Lake and Varkiza Beach (Apollo Coast- accessible by public bus)
- The Historical tours of Athens Walking Tours run daily, even on Sundays or public holidays during August! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be guided through the most important monuments of Athens and to be shown the real face of this beautiful city, by the best licensed guides in Greece!
Let the beauty of August – Athens be revealed to you by Athens Walking Tours!
- Some of the most beautiful bars and clubs, equivalent or even better to those you will find on many islands, are located on the Apollo coast and Piraeus, just a short drive from the center of Athens!
Beautiful bars and clubs located just a short distance from the heart of Athens
- And let’s not forget the four most life-filled places to visit in Athens! The areas which are a “must” for a visit, no matter what season! Plaka & Monastiraki, Psirri and Gazi!
Psirri & Plaka – two places worth visiting!