In this three hour long, easy-going authentic cooking experience you will learn, in small groups of not more than eight persons, how to make an real local meal composed of four dishes, which you will prepare in the same traditional way that Chaniotes (natives of Chania) have been preparing them for centuries. In the end you and your classmates will be rewarded with a delicious home like dinner which you will have helped to prepare and you will have learned secrets and simple tips in order to make, when back home, a unique Chania style meal of which you will be very proud.
In a specially designated area of a cozy restaurant situated by the sea, in an atmospheric neighborhood frequented mainly by locals, you will get hands-on experience and receive personalized cooking instruction while enjoying listening to the sound of the waves and watching the changing shades of the Aegean blue.
You will be initiated into the Cretan cuisine, the epicenter of the Mediterranean diet, by experienced, English speaking local instructors who have a passion for cooking which they love to share with you along with their knowledge and treasured secrets of their home cooking and family traditions
Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity to learn authentic tips on how to prepare your own healthy and delicious Cretan dinner, easily and with delicious results. Join this unique unforgettable experience, a joy for all your senses.
This tour operates daily, except on Sundays, from May 1st to October 31st
.BLOCK OUT DATES
- May 1st (Labor Day)
- Αugust 15th (Assumption of Virgin Mary)
- October 28th (National Holiday)
74 € per adult
per student or teenager18 €
per child (6-11 yrs)
This tour is not suitable for children under 6 yrs oldDiscounts
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
- Discount Code for Families & Groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members
- Discount Code for Groups with Second Tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWT
- Dinner (starters, main course and dessert)
- One glass of wine (or soft drink)
- A complimentary copy of the recipes cooked.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Other food and beverages
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)