A visit to the Athens Acropolis
If your time is extremely limited and you really don’t want to leave Athens without seeing one of the most important world heritage sites on the planet, we have the perfect solution. Reap all the advantages of an in depth comprehensive guided tour of the Acropolis
and all its magnificent monuments with the concise Acropolis Tour.
You will enter the Acropolis from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds & also to visit the Dionysus sanctuary
and Dionysus Theatre built in the 5th century BC. As you begin to ascend the sacred hill, a breathtaking view of the city below will unfold. Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon
, the Erechtheion
, the Propylaia
, the Nike Temple
, the Agrippa Monument
& the surrounding monuments such as the Herodes Atticus Odeon
, the Ancient Agora
, the Observatory
as well as the Philopappos
& Pnyx Hills
The tour ends on the Acropolis approximately at 13:00 (1 pm).
Would you like to have a meal after your tour?
Would you like to add the Acropolis Museum visit to your tour?
Would you like to add the Ancient Agora and Attalos Museum to your tour?
Your Athens Walking Tours guide holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign will pick you up from the "FRESKO" Yogurt Bar
located on 3, Dionysiou Areopagitou st. which is at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway that takes you from Hadrian's Arch to the Acropolis.
Please be at the meeting point at 11:15 am
. This tour is a part of the tour "City Tour & Acropolis" which starts earlier. Our guide with his/her group will come to the meeting point between 11:15 am and 11:30 am the latest; she or he will be holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign.OUR TIP
: While waiting for your guide at "FRESKO" it is a good idea to enjoy a fresh authentic Greek yogurt with honey or spoon sweet! It’s a tasty and healthy delicacy and the right refreshment before going up to the Acropolis.
*On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 12:15 pm.See pictures of the meeting point
Adults: 29 €
Students: 26 €
(please hold your valid ID card)
Teenagers (12-17 yrs): 26 €
Children (6-11 yrs): 14 €
Infants (0-5 yrs): FREE
Entrance tickets (20 € / adult) are not included
in the tour's fee. Teenagers and children are free of charge and students are entitled to reduced tickets.
We usually buy the tickets for you in advance, in order not to line up. Please make sure you have enough cash (euros) with you to purchase the tickets.
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
- Discount Code for Families & Groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members
- Discount Code for Groups with Second Tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWT
- Entrance tickets
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tours do not take place on the following public Holidays: January 1st - New Year's Day, March 25th - National Holiday, April 14th - Greek Orthodox Good Friday (before 12:00), Αpril 16th - Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday, May 1st - Labor Day, October 28th - National Holiday, December 25th & 26th - Christmas
- On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 12:15 pm (not 11:15 am).
- Our tours take place in all weather, rain or shine.
Admission fees for all places we visit during the Just the Acropolis Tour (Parthenon, Nike temple, Propylea, Erechtheion and Dionysus Theatre) are not included
in the tour's price.
Entrance Ticket PricesFrom November 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017
Reduced prices will apply; for more information on discounts and Entrance Fees to the Archaeological Sites and Museums please click here
We usually buy the tickets for you in advance, in order not to line up. Please make sure that you have enough cash (euros) with you to purchase the tickets.
Prices of the entrance tickets are subject to changes without prior notice.
When is the Entrance to the Athens Acropolis Free?
When is the Acropolis Open?
When is the Acropolis Closed?
We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information but opening times might change without any prior notification. We assume no responsibility for changes or errors. Please call Acropolis Archaeological site to confirm at +30 210 3214172.