By this tour you will visit a representative museum of Athens, with unique and beautiful exhibits, which will introduce you to the fascinating ancient Greek civilization from some 5000 years ago to the present time. You will also walk through a nice area of the centre of the city and you will visit some beautiful historical spots, monuments and government buildings. The Vast collection of this museum is exhibited on three floors and is representative of the Greek History and its development.
By this tour you will see
• The Herodes Atticus Road
• The presidential Residence
• The Maximos Building
• The Panathenaic Stadium (home of the first Olympic games)
• The Zeus Temple
• The Zappeion Hall
• The Hadrian’s Arch
The meeting point is inside
the Syntagma Metro Station
, next to the ticket validating machines
, underneath the hanging clock. Your tour guide or office representative will be holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign to identify them.
Please make sure that you get there at 9:15 because the tour starts at 9:30 am*.*On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 10:30 am (not 09:30 am.)
View the map
Prices start from 30 €
per adult. It depends on your group size. VIEW OUR PRICES
Entrance tickets (26 € / adult) are not included
in the tour's fee. Teenagers and children are free of charge and students are entitled to reduced tickets.
We usually buy the tickets for you in advance, in order not to line up. Please make sure you have enough cash (euros) with you to purchase the tickets.
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWT
- Local licensed guide
- Athens Guide magazine
- Athens Map
- Entrance tickets
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tours do not take place on the following public Holidays: 25 & 26 December, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.
- Our tours take place in all weather, rain or shine.