A marvelous tour to a Greek winery
Enjoy a short excursion by metro, just a 50 minutes' ride from Athens' center, at a family-owned winery since 1919
and taste 5 of the finest and selected wines of the estate!
The winery is placed in the Attica region, an area with a rich grape-growing tradition and is the first declared bioclimatic winery in Greece
! Visiting the estate you will see the close by vineyards, all lined up and plated mainly with the local grape varieties such as Savatiano
The landscape of the Attica vineyards and the climate - mild winters and hot dry summers, caressed by the Aegean breeze - create the ideal terroir for making dry white wines
with high alcohol, balanced acidity, fresh taste and a delicate floral nose!
The tour starts at exactly 10:25 am
and takes place Monday to Saturday (Sundays upon request).
Need a taxi for your transfer to the winery?
- The tour takes place Monday to Saturday (Sundays upon request)
- The tour does not operate on the following Greek Bank Holidays: January 1st - New Year’s Day, January 2nd, January 6th - Epiphany, January 7th, February 27th - Greek Orthodox Shrove Monday, March 25th - National Holiday, April 14th - Greek Orthodox Good Friday (before 12:00), Αpril 15th - Greek Orthodox Easter Saturday, Αpril 16th - Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday, Μay 1st - Labour day, Αugust 12th to 15th - Assumption of Virgin Mary, October 28th - National Holiday, December 24th - Christmas Eve, December 25th & 26th - Christmas, December 31st - New Year’s Eve
Add Round-Trip Transfer from your city centre or northern Athens Hotel to the WineryAdd Round-Trip Transfer from your southern Athens Hotel to the Winery
The meeting point is at Koropi metro station
at 10:00 am. KOROPI metro station is accessible via Metro Line 3 (Agia Marina - Airport).
Take the metro that has “Airport” as its final destination. Journeys to and from the AIRPORT via KOROPI Stations by metro are scheduled every 30 min, seven days a week. In order for you to be at the meeting point at 10:08 am you must board the metro that leaves at 09:36 am from Syntagma metro station
.For the detailed train schedule please see here.
When you get off the metro, (use the escalators that are next to the first elevator you see as the metro approaches the station) go to where taxis are parked, just outside the station, in front of Café Station Coffee & Cake
. Our partner taxi-driver will be waiting for you holding the orange-colored Athens Walking Tours Sign or the name of the clients). You drive off at 10:15 am
. At the end of your tour you will be transferred back to Koropi Metro Station by our partner taxi-driver and you use the metro again back to Athens.
Metro ticket costs 1.40 Euro
one way and you can purchase them at any Metro station either in the auto machines or at the cashier only by cash. Metro tickets are not included in the price. The price includes the Wine Tasting Tour and the round trip transfer to Koropi Metro Station.ATTENTION
: Please notice that in case you are late for the taxi, you will be charged with the extra taxi costs & your tour's duration will be adjusted accordingly. The max taxi wait time is 15 min. Past that time, the tour will automatically be cancelled & you will not be entitled to refund.
You have to be over 18 yrs old to participate in this tour.
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
- Discount Code for Families & Groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members
- Discount Code for Groups with Second Tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWT
- Tasting of 5 different wines with assortments
- Round-trip transfer from/to Koropi Metro Station to/from Papagiannakos Winery
- Winery Tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off (you can choose additional transfer option)
- Metro tickets (Metro ticket costs 1.40 Euro one way and you can purchase them at any Metro station either in the auto machines or at the cashier only by cash)
- Drinks (other than the ones you will taste)
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)