- Transfers from / to hotel to / from cruise ship (Athens city centre hotels; we will advise on the exact pick up time and point location upon your reservation)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks other than lunch which is served on board
The Saronic islands are well known to lovers of history, culture and beauty. The ships are stylish and comfortable and the friendly and very accommodating staff will make sure that your journey will be a very enjoyable one. Lunch is served on board.
- In Aegina you can take a tour of the city with a horse driven carriage or buy some fresh pistachios which is the island's specialty.
- In Poros take a walk along the picturesque pier and enjoy an ice coffee or ouzo with some grilled octopus at one of the local seaside cafes.
- In Hydra enjoy the lovely architecture and the virtually car free streets. This island is a famous haunt of the international art community and jet set and once there you will soon find out yourself why
On the return journey of your voyage you will also have the opportunity to enjoy a “Traditional Greek Folk Show” with singers and dancers in original costumes from different regions of Greece who, together with the ship's Officers and Hostesses will entertain and animate you up to the final moment the ship docks in Piraeus.
What is included?
- Transfer to and from your hotel
- Lunch (buffet)
- A number of fun activities for the whole family to enjoy
- On board music entertainment with a live orchestra
- Special Children's Menus and Activities
- Shore Excursions
- Drinks and Beverages
THE TRIP IN DETAILS
The order in which we shall visit the islands is either Poros – Hydra – Aegina or Aegina – Poros – Hydra which does not change the duration of stay on any of the islands. Upon arrival to Piraeus you will receive a warm welcome from our live orchestra as the ship leaves the port. At 8h15 the ship sails for the three beautiful islands of the Saronic Gulf.
Within 2 hours, we will arrive to the island of Poros, separated from the Peloponnese by a narrow strait and offering a most enchanting view of Poros Town. Your time at leisure in Poros will be about 50 minutes. Immediately upon the ships departure from Poros, lunch will be served for passengers who have the first sitting. An hour and 15 minutes later, we enter the port of Hydra.
As soon as you disembark, it’s all there… the small narrow stone-paved streets waiting to be explored on foot or by the island’s traditional “vehicle” – the saddled donkey. Captivating walks along the old seaside promenade. Crystal clear waters radiant traditional fine-craft shops. The beauty of Hydra will conquer you forever! You will have about 1 hour and 30 minutes at leisure to enjoy the unique charms of Hydra and while returning back on board the tables will be set for the second sitting.
AEGINA ISLAND AND SHORE EXCURSIONS
After a two hour trip we shall arrive to our last port of call, the island of Aegina. Aegina is the largest of the three islands. Apart from its harbour there are numerous interesting sites to discover on the island and therefore we propose 3 optional tours.
The first possibility is a Guided Bus Tour of the island, starting with a visit to the Temple of Aphaia and a short visit to the Church of Saint Nectarios.
The second possibility is a Panoramic Bus Tour, giving you the opportunity to drive across the entire island. The tour ends with a stop by the seaside where you can relax and enjoy a glass of Ouzo along with a choice of irresistible Greek “Mezedes” (appetizers)!
Finally, the third choice is to stay in Aegina and enjoy a walk or horse-carriage ride around the town or relax in one of the harbour’s charming waterfront coffee shops.
The highlight of your cruise still waits!
A “Traditional Greek Folk Show” with singers and dancers in original costumes form all of Greece who, together with our Officers, Hostesses and the ever amusing Jeannot will entertain and animate you up to the final moment as the ship docks in Piraeus.
After sailing back to Piraeus port you'll be transferred to Athens.