This 4-hour tour will take you to a tour around the island where you will get a chance to explore the flavors of Santorini, where even today, all of the plants cultivated on the island struggle to survive while facing a volcanic soil poor in organic matter, an anhydrous land, strong winds and during the summer high temperatures. That is why the fruits of Santorini have concentrated flavors but a low yield. The agricultural products of the island which have survived under dire conditions include: grapes (wine), cherry tomatoes, fava (yellow split peas), white eggplants, round zucchini, capers, etc.
With this tour you will:
- Visit 2 renowned, awarded wineries, taste the major types of Santorini wines and learn about the wine history of the island, the native grapes and the traditional and modern winemaking methods!
- Walk in an old, phylloxera-free vineyard and learn about the ancient vine training method and the Santorini’s distinctive terroir!
- Visit a local farm, taste the major agricultural products of the island and become familiar with the food treasures of Santorini!
- Visit the Santorini Donkey brewery and taste fresh, unfiltered and unpasteurized beers!
Undoubtedly, Santorini, apart from being a top worldwide destination, is Greece's fastest growing oeno-gastronomic destination offering delicious gastronomic experiences using local products.
- The tour operates daily, except on Sundays.
- Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to participate in this tour!