You begin your tour with a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf
, passing through some of the most beautiful suburbs of Athens (Glyfada
Once there you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon
with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands!). The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea. Sounion is a wonderful choice for a half day trip from Athens, and is a world famous spot at sunset. You will have the services of a licensed guide with you who will provide background information of the places you will see along the way.
After your visit to the temple you will have time to take your pictures and stop for coffee or refreshments by the site.
TIMETABLE FOR GROUP TOUR* Please note
: From Oct 1st to Mar 31st the departure time is 14:30 pm. Ask us for the pick up time from or near your hotel.
The bus leaves the terminal
at the activity departure time. For your convenience, there is a pick up service
provided from most centrally located hotels.The pick up from the hotels, takes place up to 70 min in advance, depending on the location of each hotel.
If you decide to make your own way to the coach terminal you should be there approximately 15 minutes before the indicated time of departure. CALL US for directions to the coach terminal at +306945859662.
per adult24,50 €
per child (4-12 yrs)FREE
for infants (0-3 yrs)Discounts
- Discount Code for Second Tour (SNDT): 5% discount for booking a second tour
- Discount Code for Families & Groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members
- Discount Code for Groups with Second Tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours
For more information on discounts & special rates please read the FAQ ABOUT AWTInclusions
- Entrance tickets
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
This is a third party activity
so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tours do not take place on the public Holidays: 25 & 26 December, New Year's Day, Good Friday (before 12:00), Easter Day, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day.
- Our tours take place in all weather, rain or shine.