- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- See all monasteries
- Professional English-speaking tour leader
- Semi-independent tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus
- Excellent value for money
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Free Map and Bottle of water
- Combines a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- On your tour of Meteora you will be able to visit inside 3 monasteries
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food & drinks
- Entrance fees at the 3 monasteries, 3 € per person at each monastery
Take this comprehensive half day morning Tour in Meteora and discover the astonishing Meteora through the eyes and the narrative of the locals!
Visit 3 main monasteries of Meteora and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. This morning tour will take you back in the dark ages and the story of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of what later on became the monastic community of Meteora. Learn which monastery was the first to be established and the true motivations behind the monks’ decision to try to climb the steep rocks of Meteora and to build there the monasteries. Learn everything, see everything. And then we will take you to the most beautiful spots for amazing views and photos! And if you’re wondering that this will be all we have prepared for you, think again! Imagine that millions of tourists visit every year the site of Meteora and most of them are coming and going completely unaware of one of the most important prehistoric sites not only to Greece but for the entire world, with archeological findings dating all the way back to 130,000 BC!
This is a third party activity so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Meteora tours are also available on a private basis. Please ask us for more info!