- Semi-independent tour
- English-speaking tour leader
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel in Kalampaka town or Kastraki village
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini bus
- Free Map and Bottle of water
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Combines a bus tour with short walks
- Stop in spots with panoramic view for photo shooting and learn about the local traditions, myths and history
- See all six monasteries
- On your tour of Meteora you will be able to enter the Monastery of St. Stephen, except for Mondays, where we visit a different monastery due to it being closed.
- Visit the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
- Visit the renovated Hermitages of Badova
- Take the most perfect sunset photos ever
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food & drinks
- Entrance fees at the one monastery, 3 € per person
- Entrance fees at the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary, 2 € per person
Join the ultimate sunset tour in Meteora and discover the hidden gem of this area! See places outside the beaten path that only locals know and you enjoy breathtaking views!
Note: Only for visitors already staying near Meteora. Transportation from Athens is not available.
When all the masses of tourists are long gone, join an amazing sunset tour that undoubtedly will be the highlight of your entire Meteora visit.
This tour will take you on a late afternoon visit to discover the hidden gems of this place. Allow the locals to guide you through the winding narrow roads of Meteora to places away the beaten tourist paths. Sunset tour begins with a visit to one of the monasteries, Agios Stefanos or Roussanou on the rocks. Then we will guide you to the oldest standing monument of our place, the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary located at the town of Kalambaka. A church made in the early Christian period with ancient marbles embedded on its walls, telling the town's long history of 27 centuries. Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas, learn the stories and the legends and enjoy great views from the most panoramic spots.
And as the sun slowly begins to descent, getting ready to touch the mountain ridges we'll bring you high up on the rocks of Meteora, on a magical spot to enjoy the most captivating sunset views. Up there, sitting on the edges of cliffs you will feel the cool evening breeze as it passes through this out of this world landscape. Let your heighten senses explore moment by moment the dimming of the daylight and the vividness of the sunset colors on the earth and the sky above. A perfect way to end a beautiful day at Meteora with an awe-inspiring tour to be remembered forever!
This is a third party activity so please read the THIRD PARTY ACTIVITY TERMS AND CONDITIONS