- Local Licensed Guide
- Private tour
- Athens Guide magazine
- Athens Map
- Entrance tickets (approx. 26 €)
- Hotel pick up and drop off (unless agreed)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Sites viewed and visited:
- The House of Parliament with the tomb to the unknown soldier, where you will have the opportunity to see the changing of the guards
- A short guided tour at the Syntagma Metro Station displays
- The Zappeion Hall
- The Zeus Temple
- The Hadrian's Arch
- The Theater of Dionysus
- The Acropolis of Athens with all its monuments such as the Parthenon, the Propylaia, the Erechtheion, the Agrippa monument and the Nike Temple.
- Herodion, Filopappos Hill, Mars Hill, Ancient Agora and many more
The Essential City Tour
Meet with your expert licensed private guide in the heart of Athens, Syntagma square and start with a brief look at a lovely collection of archaeological findings dating from classical times and discovered during excavations in the area. Continue to the elegant House of Parliament to watch the Change of Guards done by the famous Evzones, in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Walk through the cool and shady National Garden, the former Queen Amalia’s Garden and admire the neoclassical architecture of Zappeion Hall. Learn about the first Olympic Games of modern times and about prominent figures of Athens recent history. Visit the Zeus Temple and Hadrian’s Arch from the Roman Era. Walk along the beautiful Dionysiou Areopagitou walkway until you reach the side entrance to the Acropolis.
Continue to the Acropolis by entering the site from the south slope, in order to visit the first theater of antiquity the Dionysus theater and to avoid the crowds. On your way to the Unesco-listed admirable Acropolis monuments, see the Philopappos hill monument and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Marvel the ancient beautiful constructions of the Acropolis: the Temple of Athena Nike, the Propylaea gateway, the Erechtheion and focus on the astonishing Parthenon. Your knowledgeable guide will provide you with plenty of information and uncover fascinating facts about the construction and history of the monuments. The unique, beautiful view of the city of Athens, including the Mars hill, the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Hephaestus, will capture your heart and mind, same as you will capture them on camera. Your tour will be concluded on the Acropolis, allowing you all the free time you’d like for further exploration on your own.